True cine look
Ranging from 15mm to 135mm, the ten focal lengths available in the Zeiss Compact Prime CP.3 cover all applications from wide-angle to telephoto. The Zeiss CP.3 lenses feature advanced lens coatings, painted lens rims and special light traps within the barrel to eliminate unwelcome veiling glare and flares. The result is higher contrast, richer blacks and more saturated colors.
• Clean and crisp Zeiss look which matches perfectly with other Zeiss cinema lenses
• Color matching and covering full frame across the full range of focal lengths from 15 to 135mm
• Special lens coatings support high-dynamic range projects
Ultimate cine ergonomics
The Zeiss CP.3 lenses are a professional toolset that simplifies your work on set. They are easy to handle, allow for fast changeover of equipment and give you great creative freedom to make your ideas come to life.
• Standardized positioning of the focus rings and a consistent 95mm front diameter allows for fast and easy changeover while on set
• Extraordinarily smooth focus rotation even in extreme temperature conditions thanks to a new, sophisticated construction design
• Consistent T-stops simplify lighting on set and exposure compensations (T2.9 for 15 to 21mm and T2.1 for 25 to 135mm)
The compact and light-weight design enables you to use different stabilizing systems and to have a compact camera setup that is ideal for shooting in narrow spaces and for capturing dynamic shots.
• The compact and light-weight design is ideal for handheld, gimbal, drone and Steadicam applications
• Consistent size and weight across most of the focal lengths enables quick change of lenses when used on drones and gimbals
• The ultra-smooth focus rotation allows use of small focus motors
Mastering the digital cinema workflow
• The Zeiss eXtended Data is a unique technology that provides information about the lens’ distortion and shading characteristics in real-time
• The lens settings are digitally captured on every frame, avoiding the need to manually record the lens settings for every shot
• Documentation of the lens’ characteristics enhances creativity by allowing more complex shots to be handled in post-production
Wide range of coverage, regardless of the format
Ranging from 15mm to 135mm, the ten focal lengths available in the Zeiss Compact Prime CP.3 or CP.3 XD series cover all applications from wide-angle to telephoto. The graphic shows the horizontal angle of view between each of the focal lengths.
Adding greater depth to your images
Ready for HDR-projects
The Zeiss CP.3 lenses feature advanced lens coatings, painted lens rims and special light traps within the barrel to eliminate unwelcome veiling glare and flares. The result is higher contrast, richer blacks and more saturated colors, enabling shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) modes with subtly nuanced differences in deep shadows and bright highlights in the same scene. With the Zeiss CP.3 lenses, there is a greater depth to the images than ever before.
• Supporting pictures with a high dynamic range thanks to special lens coatings
• High resolution and contrast
• Great flare suppression through T anti-reflex coating and internal light traps
• Excellent color rendition
• Color matched
Interchangeable mount system
A future-proof solution
The Zeiss CP.3 lenses are equipped with an easy-to-operate, interchangeable mount system. It enables a quick change from the typical cine-style PL-mount to four other mount options (Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E or MFT). This proven feature offers tremendous flexibility and future-proof investment in today’s rapidly changing camera market.
• Allows a mix of professional cine cameras, for maximum flexibility on set
• No loss of image quality due to adapter solutions
• Five different mounts available (PL, EF, E, F and MFT)
• User Interchangeable Lens Mounts
Future proof performance with full-frame coverage
Zeiss Compact Prime CP.3 lenses feature exquisite, high performing optics in a robust and durable package – two characteristics that will remain desirable for decades to come. Thanks to the interchangeable lens mounts, the Compact Prime CP.3 lenses offer the possibility to upgrade to any number of existing or future cine cameras without investing in a new set of lenses. They all cover a full-frame image format without vignetting.
• Full-frame coverage (24mm x 36mm) for all focal lengths from 15mm to 135mm
• Common T2.9 aperture for the 15mm to 21mm focal lengths and T2.1 for the lenses ranging from 25mm to 135mm.
• Interchangeable lens mount
• Robust, cine-style housing
• 300 degree focus rotation angle
• Calibrated focus scales
• Circular 14-blade aperture, provides a cinematic look and natural looking out of focus highlights