Two SD memory card slots are provided to enable relay/simultaneous/backup recording for enhanced reliability and also support UHD/FHD dual codec recording for a more efficient workflow. The HC-X1’s control functions, such as the triple manual rings and user buttons, as well as interfaces, such as XLR input and wired remote terminal, are engineered to meet the needs of professional video recording. Offering the same levels of agility and mobility as the conventional HD handheld camcorder, the HC-X1 provides powerful support for high-image-quality 4K video production.
• Newly Developed, Industry’s Widest Angle 24mm and 20x Optical Zoom Lens
• The 4-Drive Lens System has achieved a wide 24mm angle and 20x optical zoom in the handheld camcorder with 1.0-type (inch) sensor
• The Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) with a correction range expanded to approximately 900% enables stable handheld shooting (compared with Panasonic’s AG-AC160)
• The Micro Drive Focus Unit offers high-speed auto focus with excellent tracking performance and improved stability in 4K recording
• Effective 1.0-Type (Inch) MOS Sensor for High-Precision, High-Speed 4K 60p/50p Recording
• The effective 1.0-type (inch) MOS (approx. 9.46 megapixels in 4K 24p and approx. 8.79 megapixels in UHD/FHD) offers an appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity
• 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format and HD 120-fps(59.94Hz) / 100-fps(50Hz) super slow-motion recording are possible
• Professional Functions and Design, Including Triple Manual Rings and XLR Audio Input
• The triple manual rings, user buttons and other controls are specially designed to satisfy professional users
• Equipped with professional interfaces such as XLR input and wired remote control
4-Drive Lens System
The 4-Drive Lens System simultaneously and independently drives 4 lens groups (group 2, iris, group 3, group 4). The lens size and drive range for each of the 4 groups can be efficiently suppressed to optimize image quality, zoom power and achieve compact body.
Industry’s Widest Angle of 24 mm at the Wide-Angle Setting
The integrated lens boasts the industry’s widest angle of 24 mm at the wide-angle setting. It enables wide-angle shooting with little distortion, without the use of a wide conversion lens and also allows video recording/production in narrow spaces.
World’s First Optical 20x Zoom in a Camcorder with 1.0-type (inch) Sensor
The optical 20x zoom lens covers the range from 24mm wide-angle to 480mm telescopic (35mm film equivalent at 4K 24p). The lens can zoom from wide-angle to telescopic very quickly.
Intelligent Zoom for Maximum 30x Zoom in Super-High Resolution
In FHD shooting modes, the Intelligent Zoom function increases the zooming capability to a maximum of approximately 30x, while maintaining high resolution. When it reaches to 20x optical zoom limit, it seamlessly switches to Intelligent Zoom.
Digital Zoom (2x, 5x or 10x)
The HC-X1 is equipped with 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom. Using the 20x optical zoom and Intelligent Zoom together, it gives you super-telephoto magnification equivalent to a 300x zoom without dropping the light intensity.
High-Image-Quality, High-Sensitivity 1.0-type (inch) 4K Sensor
An effective 1.0-type (inch) MOS sensor (approx. 9.46 megapixels in 4K 24p, approx. 8.79 megapixels in UHD/FHD) provides an appropriate depth of field and excellent balance between image quality and sensitivity. Images can also be recorded with a resolution of 4K (4096 x 2160)/24p, UHD(3840 x 2160)/60p/50p or FHD (1920 x 1080)/60p/50p.
LEICA DICOMAR Lens
This high-performance lens has passed the stringent quality standards of Leica Camera AG. A multi-coating process minimizes ghosts and flaring, resulting in especially clear images.
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH
• DICOMAR is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG
• LEICA DICOMAR products are manufactured using Leica-certified measuring instruments and quality assurance systems based on rigorous quality standards approved by Leica Camera AG.
Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer [4K/UHD/FHD]
The correction area of the Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) has been expanded to approximately 900% over the conventional area (as compared to the Panasonic AG-AC160). This provides powerful correction even in unstable shooting situations, such as low-angle or high-angle shots. The ball OIS system reduces wear on the drive section and greatly improves correction for small-amplitude hand-shake.
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. + [FHD]
In HD shooting modes, by using hand-shake correction that combines the effects of both optical and electronic image stabilization, hand-shake in various directions, including the roll rotation, is detected and corrected.
Intelligent Auto Focus Offering High Speed, Excellent Tracking Performance and Stability
By moving the Micro Drive Focus Unit minutely and quickly, highly precise AF performance is also achieved when shooting in 4K or shooting with a shallow depth of field.
Top-Level Focusing Speed in 4K
Even when a subject suddenly enters the frame, it is instantly focused.
Top-Level Tracking Performance in 4K
The subject’s movement is also tracked.
Top-Level Stability in 4K
The subject stays in focus even when there are some obstacles passing through.
Custom AF Function for Adjustment of AF Speed, Tracking Sensitivity and Area Settings
Auto focus operation can be customized by adjusting the AF Speed, AF Sensitivity and AF Area Width. This function enables the AF to operate exactly as intended by the user in accordance with the subject type or application.
AF speed can be set in seven steps from one to seven. The larger the figure, the faster the AF.
AF sensitivity can be set in ten steps from one to ten. The larger the figure, the easier it is to track fast-moving subjects.
AF Area Width
The width of the area in which AF is effective can be adjusted.
Focus Assist (Expand and Peaking)
When the Focus Assist button is pressed, Expand (enlargement) or Peaking (colored emphasis of focus point) is displayed to assist the user’s manual focusing operation. Expand and Peaking can also be displayed simultaneously.
This function temporarily activates Auto Focus when shooting in Manual Focus mode, using a “PUSH AUTO” button.
Manual Focus Assist
Focus is automatically optimized after you adjust it with the focus ring in Manual Focus mode. This enables quick and accurate focusing.
Up to three focus positions can be preset. The focus can be shifted to a preset focus position (focal distance) with a single touch. The user can set the focus transition time (immediate, 2 to 15 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 60 sec, 90 sec) and the wait time until the start of focus transition (0 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec).
Auto Focus is easily possible with just a touch on the LCD panel. You can also change this to Auto Iris and Brightness Display on the screen.
VFR (2 to 60 fps) /Super-Slow Motion (120/100 fps)
• FHD VFR Variable Frame Rate Recording: VFR (variable frame rate) recording can be set in ten steps from 2 to 60 fps
• Super slow Motion: Slow-motion effect can be achieved by high-speed HD recording at 120 fps (59.94 Hz) or 100 fps (50 Hz)
IR (Infrared) Shooting in Dark Places
The IR Cut Filter can be turned ON/OFF (allocated on the User button). When the filter is turned OFF, commercially available IR lights can be used for shooting in dark places.
4K/UHD/FHD/SD Multi-Format Recording
Versatile and easy-to-use MOV (QuickTime), MP4 and AVCHD file formats are supported. The variety of recording modes with selectable image quality, frame rate and bit rate settings respond to a wide range of applications, from cinema production to online distribution.
Dual SD Memory Card Slots
Two SD card slots are provided. This enables unlimited relay recording by simply changing SD cards and also allows simultaneous recording and background recording for ensuring high recording reliability.
Unlimited Relay Recording
The recording media switches automatically and seamlessly from Slot 1 to Slot 2. By changing a full SD card with a new SD card, images can be recorded continuously for many hours.
Identical data is recorded onto cards in both slots in this redundant recording mode.
One SD card can be set in Slot 2 to record continuously and another SD card can be set in Slot 1 to record necessary scenes by turning REC on and off.