– Compact, Lightweight, Battery-Drive Recorder –
• Light weight, handy size. Improved recorder operation with a touch panel display and large buttons.
• KEY LOCK function: Operation buttons can be temporarily disabled to prevent operating mistakes.
• Battery operation: Equipped with a battery socket on the rear panel. Large-capacity battery supported (11,800 mAh/8,850 mAh/5,900 mAh/5,800 mAh).
• DC drive: Equipped with input terminal for DC12 V power supply. AC adapter also included.
• Power Supply Activation mode on the camera head linked to centralized power supply ON/OFF.
• Threaded sockets provided in two locations, left and right, for arm or rack mounting.
Reliably Designed Especially for Medical Applications
Complies with Medical Standards
Medical Electronic Device Safety Standards (IEC 60601-1) and EMC Standards (IEC60601-1-2).
A lens protector (MC Protector/Accessory) for the front panel of the Compact Camera Head is included as standard equipment. Protects the lens from splashes.
Control Section Membrane Sheet
The control section of the Recorder uses switches covered by a membrane sheet. The surface has few bumps and indentations, so cleaning is easy with an ethanol disinfectant.
High-Quality, High-Resolution Images for Recording Surgical Images
– 29.5 mm Wide-Angle Optical 20x Zoom Lens –
• 29.5 mm Wide-Angle Optical 20x Zoom Lens: Achieves 29.5 mm1 wide-angle in spite of its compact size.
• Optical 20x zoom: Covers a range from 29.5 mm wide angle to 612 mm close ups for various applications.
• Intelligent i.Zoom: Allows shooting up to 30x in HD format (22x in 4K) with high resolution. Zooms in seamlessly from the optical tele-end.
• Digital zoom: This digital zoom ( x1.4/ x2/ x4/ x6/ x8) allows zooming without any change in brightness. Combining optical zoom + intelligent zoom enables zooming up to a maximum of 240x.
– High-Resolution 4K (UHD) /FHD Progressive Image Recording –
Compact Camera Head features a progressive MOS sensor with a total of 1.276-megapixels. The Recorder supports, in addition to 4K (UHD: 3840 x 2160) 29.97p/23.98p/25p and FHD (1920 x 1080) 59.94p images, multiformat image acquisition. (See page 3 “Recording Format”)
The high-resolution, progressive sensor also provides a dramatic improvement over the HD image quality of the previous POVCAM model. FHD image acquisition uses the AVCHD format for high image quality and a low data rate.
– Stable Images with a Five-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer –
• Optical image stabilizer (HD/4K): Equipped with a powerful optical image stabilizer (OIS) system. Images are strongly corrected even in situations where the camera is unstable, such as when mounted onto an arm.
• Five-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer (HD): In HD mode, electronic image stabilization is added to the optical image stabilizer (OIS) system to detect and correct motions on five axes, including rolling motion. This is effective when shooting while walking.
• Custom O.I.S: Set to optimize vibration control (switchable) when the camera is fixed to the ceiling or a universal head.
– Adjustable Image Quality Under a Surgical Light –
• Surgical Light mode: Equipped with a Color Reproduction Matrix mode for use under a surgical light.
• 16-Axis independent color correction: Special surgical colors can be adjusted.
• Optical ND filter: The optical ND filter can be manually switched (CLEAR, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64). Resolution degradation from closing down the iris is prevented even in the bright lighting of a surgical light.
• Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS): This function suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to produce excellent gradation for each shade when dark, bright and intermediate shades are all contained in the same scene.
• Gain/iris: A maximum gain increase of 36 dB is possible. Iris adjustment can also be adjusted independently from the gain.
• Shutter: The Slow Shutter function with Synchro Scan functions are supported.
• Other image adjustments: Detail, V-detail, Detail coring, Skin tone detail, White balance, Color temperature, Chroma level, Chroma phase, Master pedestal, Gamma, Black gamma, Knee, and NR control
• Auto Focus + Custom AF: Auto focus stability can be adjusted to match surgical conditions.
Double SD Memory Card Slots (SDXC Memory Card) and Relay Recording
– Double SD Memory Card Slots (SDXC Memory Card) –
Large-capacity SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards supported. Double SD Memory Card Slots and a Relay Recording function enable two memory cards to be consecutively used. Hot Swapping also makes it possible to exchange cards while recording. Combined with the high data compression efficiency of the AVCHD format, this enables a maximum of 22 hours of recording in the high-quality PS mode and a maximum of 112 hours of recording in the extended (HE) mode.
– Versatile Recording/Playback Functions –
• Producing photos from video: Single-frame image files can be converted from recorded video images. These can be used for high quality photos.
• Pre Rec: Constantly records images and sounds from approximately 3 seconds before ordinary recording starts, to prevent missing decisive moments.
• Time stamp: Date and time information can be superimposed onto images. Usable for extended research activities and nature observations.
• Resume playback: When the Stop key is pressed during playback, the stop position is stored in memory. Simply press the Play key to start playing again from the stop position.
• Clip operation: This function allows fast forward, rewind, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame by frame playback operation.
Versatile Interfaces Support IP Streaming and IP Control
– LAN Terminal for IP Streaming and IP Control –
The LAN terminal supports video and audio streaming distribution to networks, as well as file transfers and external control. Access from PCs and tablets is achieved by web browser, with no special app required. Control is also possible by a Panasonic remote camera system IP controller for integrated system operation. Open IP commands make it easy for users to design original systems.
• IP control: Remote control from a PC, tablet or IP controller enables Rec Start/Stop, Clip Delete, and compact Camera Head control (Zoom, Focus, Iris, and Menu Settings).
• IP streaming: Video and Audio IP streaming supported. Signals can be received and monitored by PCs, tablets, and IP decoders.
• File transfer: Recorded clips can be downloaded from a network PC.
– SDI Input Records Endoscope and Other Images, and SDI/HDMI Output Supports Various Applications –
• SDI input: An SDI input with 3G-SDI support is equipped. This lets you connect to an endoscope or other video device and record multi-format images, including FHD (1920 x 1080) 59.94p/50p/23.98p/25p progressive images.
• SDI output: 3G-SDI compatible SDI output is equipped. FHD (1920 x 1080) 59.94p/50p/23.98p progressive images can be output to an external monitor.
• HDMI output: HDMI output of 4K (UHD)/FHD images is supported. Combined with SDI output and IP streaming, this enables simultaneous output to maximum of three systems.
• REMOTE terminal: External control is enabled for Rec Start/Stop, Zoom, Focus, and Iris settings.
• Audio input: A stereo mini-jack is equipped. LINE/MIC switchable.
• USB 2.0: PC connection is possible in Mass Storage mode (miniB terminal).